Employment and Internship Opportunities
General Employment and Internship Application Instructions: Submit cover letter, resume, and minimum salary expectations, if applicable, to Here Media Human Resources via e-mail (preferred mode of contact.) Send job submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and internship submissions to email@example.com or alternately, via fax to 310-943-5889. Due to the amount of interest we receive in Human Resources, we are unable to take phone calls regarding employment or internships.
Here Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBT market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBT experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, television, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Here Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want. We’re everywhere. We’re Here.
Here Media offices are located in Los Angeles and New York.
Here Media Digital Network:
JUNIOR DESIGNER, INTEGRATED MARKETING, NY
Job Summary: Working under the direction of the Art Director, Integrated Marketing, the Junior Designer, Integrated Marketing, will responsible for designing marketing, promotional assets for the Here Media portfolio of brands across all platforms, and reinforce/advance the visual brand of Here Media.
• Creating designs for a variety of custom advertising campaigns in conjunction with leading brands-including high-impact ad units, interactive landing pages featuring custom photography, original site skins, and more
• Maintain and help advance the visual brand of Here Media
• Working closely with the Art Director to develop interactive/print designs that will elevate our brands across all of our platforms.
• Work closely with the Art Director on updating sales and marketing materials including brand kits, media kits, presentation templates, and sell sheets
• Design in-book advertorials and special sections
• 1-2 years of print and digital publishing and web design experience, ideally from an interactive agency or media brand
• Organized, has a strong eye for detail, and the ability to execute concepts in a timely matter
• Strong conceptual development, visualization, typography and interactive design skills
• Exceptional multi-tasking skills and working in a detail-oriented manner by delivering projects according to requirements
• Ability to effectively communicate design ideas within a collaborative work environment, and across marketing, ad sales, online and video production teams
• Ability to communicate and execute design ideas in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
• Strong interest in Marketing and Brand development
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Basic knowledge of video and motion graphics is a major plus
• An added bonus if you possess illustration skills
• Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Powerpoint
• Proficient font-end design skills using HTML and CSS
• Basic knowledge of UI/UX
• Knowledge of web standards and responsive design
• Experience with content management systems.
Contact: Send cover letter, resume, minimum salary expectations, and work samples to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
INTEGRATED MARKETING COORDINATOR, NY
Job Summary: The Integrated Marketing Coordinator maintains the day-to-day administrative and organizational support needs for the Integrated Marketing Team. Additionally, when instructed by the Senior Manager, will have the opportunity to contribute to creating and implementing large, high-impact integrated sales, marketing, and promotional strategies to drive revenue for Here Media properties. In their work supporting the team and working on assigned projects, the Coordinator will play an integral role in expanding the company’s mobile, digital video, and social media capabilities. Like all Integrated Marketing roles, this job combines exceptional “big” idea creation, proposal writing, and multi-platform program execution.
• Departmental Support: Includes activities such as calendar scheduling, updating marketing materials, travel organization, spreadsheets, and working closely with the Advertising Coordinator to ensure good communication and cohesion between the teams.
When assigned and under the direction of the Senior Manager:
• RFPS: Respond to RFPs in multiple categories (fashion, travel, finance, pharmaceutical, liquor, etc) and executing added value components, including events.
• Project Management: Manage the daily workflow process for integrated marketing programs including timelines, budgets, creative executions and follow-up on all deliverables. Act as primary liaison between sales and respective agency/client partners.
--- Research and help develop new sales opportunities, with focus on mobile marketing, social media and new advertising units.
• Events: Assist the integrated marketing team in planning, managing and executing events, including but not limited to:
--- Ideating interactive and dynamic activations for advertisers at the event
--- Helping managers to plan and manage budgets
--- Leading social media outreach before, during and after the event
--- Managing on-site logistics and activations at events
• Social Media: Assist and collaborate on Here Media’s social media activities on as-needed basis under the direction of the Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing, including but not limited to:
--- Maintenance of company’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages, keeping regular outgoing activity
--- Tracking & analyzing social media referral / usage data by site and across network
• 1-2+ years experience in a sales and/or marketing related position
• Strong knowledge of mobile, social and online advertising and marketing.
• Superior verbal and written skills, and keen eye for design
• Ability to work independently, but also incorporate direction from management.
• Strong familiarity with all social media outlets and opportunities.
• Familiarity with the common terms of social media governance and process mapping.
• Intuitive eye for how to best present each brand to advertisers.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize under time constraints.
• Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven multitasker / prioritizer and able to manage multiple departmental responsibilities while working with staff at all levels and varying personalities.
• Excellent communication and people skills and the ability to consistently work well with internal staff and outside contacts.
• Trustworthy and extremely good judgment concerning confidentiality.
• Strong wordprocessing and spreadsheet skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
Contact: Resume, cover letter, and minimum salary expectations to email@example.com
No postions currently open.
Internship Positions Description
Here Media offers qualified, college-level students the opportunity to participate in quarterly, uncompensated internships available in our offices in Los Angeles and New York City. In general, most internships last for 3 months, at 10-16 hours per week. See basic internship descriptions and locations below. To apply for internships, follow the general instructions at the top of the page.
INTERNSHIP – GRAPHIC DESIGN, NEW YORK
The Graphic Design Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with the marketing and design team, gaining hands on experience designing in a corporate setting. Interns will be involved in a variety of creative tasks including, but not limited to, creative brainstorms, maintaining internal brand collateral, photo-research, creative mocks for marketing presentations, layout design, etc.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students studying Graphic Design with a focus on marketing, advertising and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns should be efficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (specifically Powerpoint), detail oriented, able to multitask and capable of working in a fast paced environment.
INTERNSHIP - DIGITAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP, NEW YORK
The Digital Media Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the design and production of large-scale, ad-supported websites including Out.com, Advocate.com, SheWired.com and OutTraveler.com. Interns will be involved with a wide variety of tasks including wire framing, prototyping, preparation of mockups, and final Q/A. Interns will gain real-world insight in the development of high-traffic web sites from initial concept to final launch.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students studying Digital Media with a major focus on web design as it relates to news, advertising and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns should have basic familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite. Any HTML or coding skills are a plus.
INTERNSHIP – INTEGRATED MARKETING INTERN, NEW YORK
The Integrated Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with both print and digital advertising. Interns will participate in sales and marketing meetings and work directly with those who are experienced in the field. Interns will be involved with many tasks including conducting research, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, planning and staffing advertiser events (Pride Events, OUT 100, etc.).
Interns will work alongside marketing managers in organizing, researching and executing long-term projects or special marketing initiatives.
The most qualified applicants will be college students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print, digital and social media medium. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, the candidate is detail-oriented, able to multitask, and capable of working independently. Familiarity with blogging, wikis, and social media is a plus.
INTERNSHIP – CONSUMER MARKETING INTERN, LOS ANGELES
The Consumer Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience developing and executing 360 degree consumer marketing programs for top LGBT media brands including Gay.com and Here TV. Interns will participate in marketing, planning, and strategy meetings and work directly with the Director of Consumer Marketing. Interns will be involved with many tasks including conducting research, competitive analysis, preparing marketing materials, authoring promotional materials including sponsored editorial, and coordinating marketing events with nightlife partners across the country.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students with a career focus in marketing or business, with interest in advertising, writing and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns must be detail-oriented, resourceful, and capable of working independently. Familiarity with dating applications and LGBT media outlets is critical.
INTERNSHIP – EDITORIAL INTERN, LOS ANGELES
Editorial internships are offered in Los Angeles for Advocate.com, in tandem with our three partner sites, SheWired.com, HIVPlusMag.com, and OutTraveler. Interns will participate and gain exposure in the day-to-day production of online editorial, including content gathering, research, proofing, web site production, and more. Writing assignments may be possible, depending upon qualifications, but cannot be guaranteed. Interns are invited to take a place at daily editorial planning meetings and will work along with editors, art/photo department and other staff. Preferred editorial intern candidates will have a related field of study and a career interest in journalism or publishing. Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills are required.