Employment and Internship Opportunities
General Employment and Internship Application Instructions: Submit cover letter, resume, and minimum salary expectations, if applicable, to Here Media Human Resources via e-mail (preferred mode of contact.) Send job submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and internship submissions to email@example.com or alternately, via fax to 310-943-5889. Due to the amount of interest we receive in Human Resources, we are unable to take phone calls regarding employment or internships.
Here Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBT market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBT experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, television, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Here Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want. We’re everywhere. We’re Here.
Here Media offices are located in Los Angeles and New York.
Here Media Digital Network:
INTEGRATED AD SALES & MARKETING COORDINATOR, NY
Job Summary: Here Media, the company behind the nation's most prominent multi-media brands in the LGBT market, is accepting resumes for a talented and motivated Integrated Sales & Marketing Coordinator to provide our sales staff with integrated sales and marketing support in our New York office.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of Here Media’s advertising capabilities and how they relate to client KPIs and strategies.
• RFPs: Proactive & timely approach to assisting the sales department to process RFPs – both print, digital and multi-platform, including (but not limited to) compiling historical information, brainstorming on potential concepts and writing proposals, liaising on client needs with the marketing team – including projecting rates & program ideas based on client objectives
• Work on multi-platform programs from concept brainstorming and proposal development to potential assistance in program execution/recap follow up
• Compile editorial credits and facilitate meetings with Fashion department
• Administrative support for the NY sales team with mailings, scheduling, updating sales materials for sales calls, client correspondence, meeting preparation, travel organization, and other general sales assisting duties
• Assist NY Sales staff with expense reporting and troubleshooting
• Manager of multiple trade accounts for travel
• Manager of Out/Advocate/HIV Plus comp list
• Monitor PIB and Editorial Credit reporting
• Monitor pagination process and create dummy books for approval before printing
• Facilitate new business inquiries and distribute media kits accordingly
• Organize/maintain archives of past issues
• Facilitate communication between departments (Marketing, Production, Billing, Client Services, etc.)
• General troubleshooting with office issues
• Research industry trends for department, including Datatrax reports, Ad Database, Magazine Radar, and Salesforce
• Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven multitasker/prioritizer and able to manage multiple departmental responsibilities while working with staff at all levels and varying personalities.
• Able to work under pressure and time constraints
• Experience and knowledge of fashion industry is a plus
• Excellent communication and people skills and the ability to consistently work well with internal staff and outside contacts
• Able to anticipate needs and show initiative
• Trustworthy and extremely good judgment concerning confidentiality
• Strong word: processing, spreadsheet & deck generating skills with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
Contact: Send cover letter, resume, and minimum salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
No postions currently open.
Internship Positions Description
Here Media offers qualified, college-level students the opportunity to participate in quarterly, uncompensated internships available in our offices in Los Angeles and New York City. In general, most internships last for 3 months, at 10-16 hours per week. See basic internship descriptions and locations below. To apply for internships, follow the general instructions at the top of the page.
INTERNSHIP – GRAPHIC DESIGN, NEW YORK
The Graphic Design Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with the marketing and design team, gaining hands on experience designing in a corporate setting. Interns will be involved in a variety of creative tasks including, but not limited to, creative brainstorms, maintaining internal brand collateral, photo-research, creative mocks for marketing presentations, layout design, etc.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students studying Graphic Design with a focus on marketing, advertising and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns should be efficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (specifically Powerpoint), detail oriented, able to multitask and capable of working in a fast paced environment.
INTERNSHIP - DIGITAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP, NEW YORK
The Digital Media Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the design and production of large-scale, ad-supported websites including Out.com, Advocate.com, SheWired.com and OutTraveler.com. Interns will be involved with a wide variety of tasks including wire framing, prototyping, preparation of mockups, and final Q/A. Interns will gain real-world insight in the development of high-traffic web sites from initial concept to final launch.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students studying Digital Media with a major focus on web design as it relates to news, advertising and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns should have basic familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite. Any HTML or coding skills are a plus.
INTERNSHIP – INTEGRATED MARKETING INTERN, NEW YORK
The Integrated Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with both print and digital advertising. Interns will participate in sales and marketing meetings and work directly with those who are experienced in the field. Interns will be involved with many tasks including conducting research, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, planning and staffing advertiser events (Pride Events, OUT 100, etc.).
Interns will work alongside marketing managers in organizing, researching and executing long-term projects or special marketing initiatives.
The most qualified applicants will be college students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print, digital and social media medium. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, the candidate is detail-oriented, able to multitask, and capable of working independently. Familiarity with blogging, wikis, and social media is a plus.
INTERNSHIP – ADVERTISING INTERN, NEW YORK & LOS ANGELES
Ad interns have the opportunity to sit-in on weekly advertising sales meetings, marketing meetings, and work directly with Ad Directors who are experienced in the field. Interns will be asked to assist with many sales development tasks including conducting research, sales strategy, data updates, processing paperwork, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, attending advertiser events and some related administrative support. The most qualified applicants will be students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print and digital medium.
INTERNSHIP – CONSUMER MARKETING INTERN, LOS ANGELES
The Consumer Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience developing and executing 360 degree consumer marketing programs for top LGBT media brands including Gay.com and Here TV. Interns will participate in marketing, planning, and strategy meetings and work directly with the Director of Consumer Marketing. Interns will be involved with many tasks including conducting research, competitive analysis, preparing marketing materials, authoring promotional materials including sponsored editorial, and coordinating marketing events with nightlife partners across the country.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students with a career focus in marketing or business, with interest in advertising, writing and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns must be detail-oriented, resourceful, and capable of working independently. Familiarity with dating applications and LGBT media outlets is critical.
INTERNSHIP – EDITORIAL INTERN, LOS ANGELES
Editorial internships are offered in Los Angeles for Advocate.com, in tandem with our three partner sites, SheWired.com, HIVPlusMag.com, and OutTraveler. Interns will participate and gain exposure in the day-to-day production of online editorial, including content gathering, research, proofing, web site production, and more. Writing assignments may be possible, depending upon qualifications, but cannot be guaranteed. Interns are invited to take a place at daily editorial planning meetings and will work along with editors, art/photo department and other staff. Preferred editorial intern candidates will have a related field of study and a career interest in journalism or publishing. Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills are required.