Employment and Internship Opportunities
General Employment and Internship Application Instructions: Submit cover letter, resume, and minimum salary expectations, if applicable, to Here Media Human Resources via e-mail (preferred mode of contact.) Send job submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and internship submissions to email@example.com or alternately, via fax to 310-943-5889. Due to the amount of interest we receive in Human Resources, we are unable to take phone calls regarding employment or internships.
Here Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBT market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBT experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, television, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Here Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want. We’re everywhere. We’re Here.
Here Media offices are located in Los Angeles and New York.
Here Media Digital Network:
SENIOR MANAGER, INTEGRATED MARKETING, NY
Job Summary: Fashion and luxury category experience highly desired.
A multi-brand, integrated marketing manager focused on creating and implementing large, high-impact integrated sales, marketing, and promotional strategies to drive revenue and win business for Here Media properties. This person will play an integral role in expanding the company’s mobile and social media activities. The position combines exceptional “big” idea creation, proposal writing, and multi-platform program execution.
Specific Duties: Following guidelines and boundaries set by the management and legal team, the Senior Manager of Integrated Marketing is responsible to:
RPFS: Responsible for responding to RFPs in multiple categories (such as travel, finance, pharmaceutical, liquor) and executing added value components, including events.
Staff Management: Responsible for the management and training of Integrated Marketing Coordinators and Interns.
• Drive process and ensure all assigned projects are completed on-time and at- or under-budget
• Manage and oversee quality control of internal and client-facing documents, including but not limited to PPT proposals, one sheets,digital ad units and mobile applications
Presentation Development: Work with creative services to create visually-arresting and compelling proposals, presentations, marketing and brand positioning collateral.
Program Development/Project Management: Responsible for managing the daily workflow process for Integrated marketing programs including timelines, budgets, creative executions and follow-up on all deliverables. Act as primary liaison between sales and respective agency/client partners. Manage long-term projects or special marketing initiatives above and beyond day-to-day responsibilities as assigned by Senior Director, Integrated Marketing.
• Research and help develop new sales opportunities, with focus on mobile marketing and new advertising units.
Events: Assist the SVP and Senior Director in planning, managing and executing events, including but not limited to:
• Developing sellable event ideas concepts, both as singular events or event series, that can be extended to digital, social media and print
• Serving as direct contact between Here Media and event planning company
• Ideating interactive and dynamic activations for advertisers at the event
• Helping managers to plan and manage budgets
• Leading social media outreach before, during and after the event
• Managing on-site logistics and activations at events
Client Meetings: Accompany sales reps and/or marketing management on an as-needed basis to sales calls to present marketing platforms and client-specific opportunities.
Research: Responsible for responding to RFPs in multiple categories (such as travel, finance, pharmaceutical, liquor) and executing added value components, including events.
• Update marketing team on new research studies and capabilities of value to the team and the Company
Strategic Marketing: Research, develop, implement and drive success of a strategic marketing plan for HIV Plus magazine
• Interface with HIV Plus magazine stakeholders from editorial and sales
• Develop marketing materials for HIV Plus
• Train marketing team on the nuisance of pharma proposals
• Receive approval and support from editorial staff
• Create a social media action plan to raise awareness and readership of the print publication and digital content
• Cultivate relationships with non-profits and conduct outreach to secure meaningful partnerships with these groups
Social Media: Assist and collaborate on Here Media's social media activities on as-needed basis under the direction of the Senior Director, Integrated Marketing, including but not limited to:
• Facebook (personal friends page and fan page) highlighting stories, promotional features, and events
• Maintenance of company's Twitter pages, keeping regular outgoing activity
• Tracking & analyzing social media referral/usage data by site and across network
• Experience in the fashion or luxury category a big plus
• Strong experience with mobile, social and online marketing.
• Experience in event planning and social media, either at an agency or with a brand.
• Superior verbal and written skills, and keen eye for design.
• Fully conversant in research and metrics.
• Ability to work independently, but also incorporate direction from management.
• Strong familiarity with all social media outlets and opportunities
• Proven skills and experience with existing social technology and budding trends.
• Familiarity with the common terms of social media governance and process mapping.
• Intuitive eye for how to best present each brand to advertisers.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize.
• Excellent communicator who is able to work well with colleagues at all levels.
• 4+ years experience in a sales and/or marketing related position
Contact: Send resume, cover letter, work samples, and minimum compensation expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
No postions currently open.
Internship Positions Description
Here Media offers qualified, college-level students the opportunity to participate in quarterly, uncompensated internships available in our offices in Los Angeles and New York City. In general, most internships last for 3 months, at 10-16 hours per week. See basic internship descriptions and locations below. To apply for internships, follow the general instructions at the top of the page.
INTERNSHIP – GRAPHIC DESIGN, NEW YORK
The Graphic Design Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with the marketing and design team, gaining hands on experience designing in a corporate setting. Interns will be involved in a variety of creative tasks including, but not limited to, creative brainstorms, maintaining internal brand collateral, photo-research, creative mocks for marketing presentations, layout design, etc.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students studying Graphic Design with a focus on marketing, advertising and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns should be efficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (specifically Powerpoint), detail oriented, able to multitask and capable of working in a fast paced environment.
INTERNSHIP - DIGITAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP, NEW YORK
The Digital Media Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the design and production of large-scale, ad-supported websites including Out.com, Advocate.com, SheWired.com and OutTraveler.com. Interns will be involved with a wide variety of tasks including wire framing, prototyping, preparation of mockups, and final Q/A. Interns will gain real-world insight in the development of high-traffic web sites from initial concept to final launch.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students studying Digital Media with a major focus on web design as it relates to news, advertising and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns should have basic familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite. Any HTML or coding skills are a plus.
INTERNSHIP – INTEGRATED MARKETING INTERN, NEW YORK
The Integrated Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with both print and digital advertising. Interns will participate in sales and marketing meetings and work directly with those who are experienced in the field. Interns will be involved with many tasks including conducting research, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, planning and staffing advertiser events (Pride Events, OUT 100, etc.).
Interns will work alongside marketing managers in organizing, researching and executing long-term projects or special marketing initiatives.
The most qualified applicants will be college students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print, digital and social media medium. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, the candidate is detail-oriented, able to multitask, and capable of working independently. Familiarity with blogging, wikis, and social media is a plus.
INTERNSHIP – ADVERTISING INTERN, NEW YORK & LOS ANGELES
Ad interns have the opportunity to sit-in on weekly advertising sales meetings, marketing meetings, and work directly with Ad Directors who are experienced in the field. Interns will be asked to assist with many sales development tasks including conducting research, sales strategy, data updates, processing paperwork, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, attending advertiser events and some related administrative support. The most qualified applicants will be students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print and digital medium.
INTERNSHIP – CONSUMER MARKETING INTERN, LOS ANGELES
The Consumer Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience developing and executing 360 degree consumer marketing programs for top LGBT media brands including Gay.com and Here TV. Interns will participate in marketing, planning, and strategy meetings and work directly with the Director of Consumer Marketing. Interns will be involved with many tasks including conducting research, competitive analysis, preparing marketing materials, authoring promotional materials including sponsored editorial, and coordinating marketing events with nightlife partners across the country.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students with a career focus in marketing or business, with interest in advertising, writing and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns must be detail-oriented, resourceful, and capable of working independently. Familiarity with dating applications and LGBT media outlets is critical.
INTERNSHIP – EDITORIAL INTERN, LOS ANGELES
Editorial internships are offered in Los Angeles for Advocate.com, in tandem with our three partner sites, SheWired.com, HIVPlusMag.com, and OutTraveler. Interns will participate and gain exposure in the day-to-day production of online editorial, including content gathering, research, proofing, web site production, and more. Writing assignments may be possible, depending upon qualifications, but cannot be guaranteed. Interns are invited to take a place at daily editorial planning meetings and will work along with editors, art/photo department and other staff. Preferred editorial intern candidates will have a related field of study and a career interest in journalism or publishing. Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills are required.