Employment and Internship Opportunities
General Employment and Internship Application Instructions: Submit cover letter, resume, and minimum salary expectations, if applicable, to Here Media Human Resources via e-mail (preferred mode of contact.) Send job submissions to email@example.com, and internship submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternately, via fax to 310-943-5889. Due to the amount of interest we receive in Human Resources, we are unable to take phone calls regarding employment or internships.
Here Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBT market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBT experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, television, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Here Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want. We’re everywhere. We’re Here.
Here Media offices are located in Los Angeles and New York.
Here Media Digital Network:
ART DIRECTOR, INTEGRATED MARKETING, NY
Job Summary: The Art Director, Integrated Marketing, is responsible for conceiving and designing marketing and promotional assets for the Here Media portfolio of brands across all platforms.
• Continuously update sales and marketing materials including brand kits, media kits, presentation templates, and sell sheets
• Conceive, design, and execute visual materials for integrated, cross-platform promotions
• Work with marketing to conceive and design compelling, cross-platform collateral and mock-ups for RFPs
• Design web pages/promotions based on print-originated content, as well as web-exclusive editorial sections and interactives. (includes site mock-ups, Flash components, icons, co-branded ad units and other graphics)
• Design in-book advertorials and special sections
• Ability to communicate and execute design ideas in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
• Minimum 5 years of print and digital publishing and web design experience, ideally from an interactive agency or media brand
• Ability to effectively communicate design ideas within a collaborative work environment, and across marketing, ad sales, online and video production teams.
• Strong conceptual development, visualization, typography and interactive design skills.
• History of successfully implementing business requirements with design elements.
• Exceptional multi-tasking skills and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to analyze, define and complete tasks with minimal direction/supervision.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines and accurately estimate project timelines a must.
• Basic video editing a major plus
• Superb proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe InDesign + GoLive, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Flash.
• Proficient in HTML/XHTML, Java Script and CSS (browser compatibility and page optimization)
• Awareness of SEO standards and web analytics.
• Experience with content management systems.
Contact: send cover letter, resume, minimum salary expectations, and work samples (such as PPT design, web design, posters/printed collateral for events, creative design, ad units, etc.) to email@example.com
INTEGRATED MARKETING MANAGER, NY
Job Summary: Focuses on creating and implementing large, high-impact integrated sales, marketing, and promotional strategies to drive revenue for Here Media properties. This person will play an integral role in expanding the company’s mobile, digital video, and social media capabilities. The position combines exceptional “big” idea creation, proposal writing, and multi-platform program execution. The person will also maintain the day-to-day administrative and support needs for the team.
- RFPS: respond to RFPs in multiple categories (travel, finance, pharmaceutical, liquor, etc) and executing added value components, including events.
- Sales Material Development: Work with creative services to create visually-arresting and compelling proposals, presentations, marketing and brand positioning collateral.
- Project management: Manage daily workflow process for integrated marketing programs including timelines, budgets, creative executions and follow-up on all deliverables. Act as primary liaison between sales and respective agency/client partners. Manage long-term projects or special marketing initiatives above and beyond day-to-day responsibilities as assigned by Senior Director, Integrated Marketing.
- Research and help develop new sales opportunities, with focus on mobile marketing, social media and new advertising units.
- Events: Assist SVP and Senior Director in planning, managing and executing events, including but not limited to:
- Developing sellable event ideas concepts, both as singular events or event series, that can be extended to digital, social media and print
- Serving as direct contact between Here Media and event planning company
- Ideating interactive and dynamic activations for advertisers at the event
- Helping managers to plan and manage budgets
- Leading social media outreach before, during and after the event
- Managing on-site logistics and activations at events
- Client Meetings: Accompany sales reps and/or marketing management on an as-needed basis to sales calls to present marketing platforms and client-specific opportunities.
- Research: Collaborate with Senior Director, Integrated Marketing and SVP Marketing on Here Media research initiatives, including MRI custom study, comScore, and proprietary research initiatives
- Social Media: Assist and collaborate on Here Media’s social media activities on as-needed basis under the direction of the Senior Director, Integrated Marketing, including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of company’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages, keeping regular outgoing activity
- Tracking & analyzing social media referral / usage data by site and across network
• 4+ years experience in a sales and/or marketing related position
• Strong experience with mobile, social and online marketing.
• Experience in event planning and social media, either at agency or with a brand
• Superior verbal and written skills, and keen eye for design
• Fully conversant in research and metrics, including reach and frequency.
• Ability to work independently, but also incorporate direction from management.
• Strong familiarity with all social media outlets and opportunities.
• Familiarity with the common terms of social media governance and process mapping.
• Intuitive eye for how to best present each brand to advertisers.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize under time constraints.
• Excellent communicator who is skilled at working well with clients, agencies, and co workers at all levels.
• Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven multitasker / prioritizer and able to manage multiple departmental responsibilities while working with staff at all levels and varying personalities.
• Excellent communication and people skills and the ability to consistently work well with internal staff and outside contacts.
• Trustworthy and extremely good judgment concerning confidentiality.
• Strong wordprocessing and spreadsheet skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
Contact: Send resume, cover letter, work samples, and minimum salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
INTEGRATED ADVERTISING MANAGER (ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE), LA
Job Summary: Here Media, the #1 LGBT Media Company in the US, is conducting a search for an Integrated Advertising Manager based in LA. We seek an experienced, creative, intelligent and assertive digital/print ad sales professional to join a highly dynamic media environment.
This Integrated Advertising Manager will evaluate specific business categories and marketplace trends in order to identify prospective accounts, and then drive Here Media messaging and generate direct advertising sales revenue. The Integrated Advertising Manager (IAM) will work closely with the VP, Integrated Advertising, to develop cross-platform, revenue-generating marketing solutions that meet client objectives. The IAM is responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing accounts to which he/she is assigned. This includes locating and contacting decision makers at both the client and the agency and working with the Integrated Marketing Team to develop integrated solutions for custom programs and responding to RFPs. The IAM is then responsible for making remote and in-person sales calls and reporting all activities to VP of Integrated Advertising on a weekly basis.
• Minimum 3-5 years national advertising sales experience desired (online, mobile, print, social)
• Must be confident, passionate, and enthusiastic about selling Here Media brands and have an entrepreneurial and creative approach to business
• Strong communication skills needed to present to major advertising agencies and clients (with motion picture studio contacts preferred)
• Must possess and demonstrate proven prospecting, proposal development, negotiation, closing and customer service skills
• Solid self-management skills required, understand how to prioritize multiple priorities and parallel process across accounts
• Be willing to work cross-department as team member, while also driving direct relationships and owning separate business
• Excellent time-management skills with strong attention to detail requited
• Proficiency with general computer skills including: Powerpoint, Excel, Social Media etc…
• Strong creative and strategic thinking needed
Key Duties Include:
• Enhance revenue through developing and maintaining digital/print/social/mobile ad programs
• Developing relationships with existing, and new clients, and with their ad agencies
• Servicing accounts (with research, reporting, new opportunities -- that fit each brands marketing objectives)
• Anticipating clients marketing needs and developing proposals accordingly to drive incremental business
• Solid self-management skills required, understand how to prioritize multiple priorities and parallel process across accounts
• Accurate and timely forecasting of projected revenue by account
• Maintaining relationships internally to ensure smooth sales service with marketing and ad ops
• Manage work flow with integrated marketing teams to enhance advertiser offerings based on advertising opportunities
• Coordinate with LA based sales assistant to ensure best-of-breed customer service
Contact: Send resume and minimum salary expectations to email@example.com
Internship Positions Description
Here Media offers qualified, college-level students the opportunity to participate in quarterly, uncompensated internships available in our offices in Los Angeles and New York City. In general, most internships last for 3 months, at 10-16 hours per week. See basic internship descriptions and locations below. To apply for internships, follow the general instructions at the top of the page.
INTERNSHIP – INTEGRATED MARKETING INTERN, NEW YORK
The Integrated Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with both print and digital advertising. Interns will participate in sales and marketing meetings and work directly with those who are experienced in the field. Interns will be involved with many tasks including conducting research, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, planning and staffing advertiser events (Pride Events, OUT 100, etc.).
Interns will work alongside marketing managers in organizing, researching and executing long-term projects or special marketing initiatives.
The most qualified applicants will be college students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print, digital and social media medium. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, the candidate is detail-oriented, able to multitask, and capable of working independently. Familiarity with blogging, wikis, and social media is a plus.
INTERNSHIP – ADVERTISING INTERN, NEW YORK & LOS ANGELES
Ad interns have the opportunity to sit-in on weekly advertising sales meetings, marketing meetings, and work directly with Ad Directors who are experienced in the field. Interns will be asked to assist with many sales development tasks including conducting research, sales strategy, data updates, processing paperwork, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, attending advertiser events and some related administrative support. The most qualified applicants will be students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print and digital medium.
INTERNSHIP – CONSUMER MARKETING INTERN, LOS ANGELES
The Consumer Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience developing and executing 360 degree consumer marketing programs for top LGBT media brands including Gay.com and Here TV. Interns will participate in marketing, planning, and strategy meetings and work directly with the Director of Consumer Marketing. Interns will be involved with many tasks including conducting research, competitive analysis, preparing marketing materials, authoring promotional materials including sponsored editorial, and coordinating marketing events with nightlife partners across the country.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students with a career focus in marketing or business, with interest in advertising, writing and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns must be detail-oriented, resourceful, and capable of working independently. Familiarity with dating applications and LGBT media outlets is critical.
INTERNSHIP – EDITORIAL INTERN, LOS ANGELES
Editorial internships are offered in Los Angeles for Advocate.com, in tandem with our three partner sites, SheWired.com, HIVPlusMag.com, and OutTraveler. Interns will participate and gain exposure in the day-to-day production of online editorial, including content gathering, research, proofing, web site production, and more. Writing assignments may be possible, depending upon qualifications, but cannot be guaranteed. Interns are invited to take a place at daily editorial planning meetings and will work along with editors, art/photo department and other staff. Preferred editorial intern candidates will have a related field of study and a career interest in journalism or publishing. Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills are required.