General Employment and Internship Application Instructions: Submit cover letter, resume, and minimum salary expectations, if applicable, to Here Media Human Resources via e-mail (preferred mode of contact.) Send New York job submissions to jobsNY@heremedia.com, Los Angeles job submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and internship submissions to email@example.com or alternately, via fax to 310-943-5889. Due to the amount of interest we receive in Human Resources, we are unable to take phone calls regarding employment or internships.
Here Media is a media and entertainment company targeting the LGBT audience. Here Media's brands include, Out, OutTraveler.com, The Advocate, HIV Plus, gay.com, gay.net, shewired.com, and Here TV. Our offices are in Los Angeles and New York.
We’re looking for a creative and talented Front End Developer to round out our Digital Media team. The Developer will be working on-site in our Westwood office and have an opportunity to contribute across our multiple media platforms.
Analyze a project's business requirements in order to help develop functional requirements.
Meet project requirements on budget and time.
Produce maintainable code.
Find innovative solutions to challenges within available budget and timeline.
Provide reasonable price and timeline estimates for tasks/projects.
Keep abreast of new technologies and shares with team.
Focus on improving the style, modularity, and reusability of produced source code.
Is a self-starter, independent thinker and someone who will take ownership of projects, communicating with team members to determine requirements and drive a project to completion from the engineering side.
The ideal candidate will have:
4 years of developing websites in a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack environment.
1-2 years of developing sites in Drupal.
Experience creating and modifying Drupal modules.
Experience working in a multi-site environment in Drupal.
Understanding of Drupal's best practices as well as pitfalls.
Experience with migrating websites to Drupal.
Experience working with source control systems (such as Git, SVN, etc).
Nice to have:
Experience developing for high traffic websites with millions of visitors each month.
Developed websites in Drupal 7 environment.
Strong knowledge of SQL queries and relational database concepts in MySQL.
Experience developing websites using responsive designs.
Experience with Twitter bootstrap.
Experience with troubleshooting performance issues at a code and systems level.
Please send cover letter/resume & salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is directly responsible for day-to-day operations of gay.com online community including customer service, content moderation and billing issues. In addition, intimately involved in the product development, marketing, reporting and overall success of the dating product. Also provides administrative support to the GM, gay.com.
• Provides an upbeat, easy going, first point of contact for Gay.com members.
• Directly responsible for fielding all paid customer phone and email inquiries.
• Oversees customer service handling by team for all general support and abuse complaint customer support.
• Processes all refunds and handles all chargeback or customer charge disputes.
• Serves as a member base ally and liaison for all product development and operation of product.
• Assists the General Manager of Gay.com with reporting requirements for member activities, reporting of traffic, usage and other metrics.
• Participates in product development and marketing activities.
• Communicates product improvements received from the members.
• Assists with the development and deployment of marketing and social media campaigns.
• Works closely with finance department on all billing and reporting requirements.
• Provides administrative support for the General Manager.
• Experience with online customer service portals for handling customer transactions – Vindicia preferred.
• Experience in customer service, preferably online.
• Comfort with working with adult materials (including photographs and/or text) and the ability to tactfully and respectfully converse with subscribers regarding such content on gay.com.
• Strong ability to multi-task while conducting online and offline activities.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Good written and oral communication skills, listening skills.
• Effective and creative problem resolution skills.
• Ability to work with a variety of people in a friendly and professional manner.
• Knowledge of and comfort using e-mail (Outlook/Eudora), Microsoft Office products, various browser technology and online portals.
• Familiarity with marketing via Facebook and Twitter.
Please send cover letter/resume & salary expectations to email@example.com
The Information Technology internship will expose interns to a corporate technical
environment, including computer, server, telecomm, and network technologies. Duties
will include supporting PC and Mac workstations, creating server/email accounts,
pbx administration, installing software, and providing general IT help desk support
and project-related work.
The most successful candidates will be proficient with Windows XP, Windows 7, and Mac OSX, and Microsoft Office (particulary Outlook). Knowledge of Server 2003/2008 would also be desirable. A recently completed Microsoft or computer-related certification is a definite plus. Should be organized, and have good problem-solving and communication/customer service skills. Candidates with some prior IT experience and a career goal in Technology preferred.
SheWired.com, the fastest growing website for women, and we’re looking for enthusiastic interns to help us shape our new direction. The most qualified applicants are students with a career focus in lifestyle and entertainment writing, journalism, new media and marketing.
Interns will be involved in weekly brainstorming meetings and work directly with experienced writers and editors in developing this daily online magazine. Interns will be asked to pitch, write, and edit stories as well as assist with research, proofing stories, and updating the site. Editors will help interns learn the ropes for hunting down leads and developing portfolio-worthy writing samples for magazines and websites.
The LA Advertising intern has the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with both print and digital advertising. Interns will assist with sales and marketing meetings and work directly with Ad Directors who are experienced in the field. Interns will be involved with many sales development tasks including conducting research, sales strategy, data updates, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, attending advertiser events and some related administrative support. The most qualified applicants will be students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print and digital medium.
The Digital Media Department at Here Media is looking for an intern(s) to assist in the production of online newsletters, make site modifications and work on special projects as needed. Sites include OUT.com and Advocate.com. Candidates should be skilled in Photoshop and basic HTML. Any Flash or video experience is helpful.
Editorial internships are offered in Los Angeles for The Advocate. Interns
will assist with various support projects such as editorial gathering, research,
proofing, web site production and other related editorial and administrative tasks.
Some writing and editing assignments may be possible, depending upon qualifications,
but cannot be guaranteed. Interns are invited to take a place at daily editorial
planning meetings and will work along with editors, art/photo department and other
staff as issues are created according to the magazine's production cycle.
Preferred editorial intern candidates will have a related field of study and a career interest in journalism or publishing. Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills are required.