Employment and Internship Opportunities
General Employment and Internship Application Instructions: Submit cover letter, resume, and minimum salary expectations, if applicable, to Here Media Human Resources via e-mail (preferred mode of contact.) Send job submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and internship submissions to email@example.com or alternately, via fax to 310-943-5889. Due to the amount of interest we receive in Human Resources, we are unable to take phone calls regarding employment or internships.
Here Media is a media and entertainment company targeting the LGBT audience. Here Media's brands include, Out, OutTraveler.com, The Advocate, HIV Plus, gay.com, gay.net, shewired.com, and Here TV. Our offices are in Los Angeles and New York.
Integrated Marketing Manager, New York
We are now accepting resumes for a multi-brand Integrated Marketing Manager to focus on creating and implementing large, high-impact integrated sales, marketing, and promotional strategies to drive revenue and win business for Here Media properties. This person will play an integral role in expanding the company’s mobile and social media activities. The position combines exceptional “big” idea creation, proposal writing, and multi-platform program execution.
- Specific Duties:
Following guidelines and boundaries set by the management and legal team, the Integrated Marketing Manager is responsible to:
- RFPS: Responsible for responding to RFPs in multiple categories (travel, finance, pharmaceutical, liquor) and executing added value components, including events.
- Presentation development: Work with creative services to create visually-arresting and compelling proposals, presentations, marketing and brand positioning collateral.
- Program Development/Project management: Responsible for managing the daily workflow process for integrated marketing programs including timelines, budgets, creative executions and follow-up on all deliverables. Act as primary liaison between sales and respective agency/client partners. Manage long-term projects or special marketing initiatives above and beyond day-to-day responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Director of Integrated Marketing.
— Research and help develop new sales opportunities, with focus on mobile marketing and new advertising units.
- Client Meetings: Accompany sales reps and/or marketing management on an as-needed basis to sales calls to present marketing platforms and client-specific opportunities.
- Research: Collaborate with the Senior Director of Integrated Marketing and SVP Marketing on Here Media research initiatives, including MRI custom study, comScore, and Culture Scouts.
- Social Media: Assist and collaborate on Here Media’s social media activities on as-needed basis under the direction of the Senior Director of Integrated Marketing, including but not limited to:
- Strong experience with mobile, social, and online marketing.
- Superior verbal and written skills, and keen eye for design.
- Fully conversant in research and metrics, including reach and frequency.
- Ability to work independently, but also incorporate direction from management.
- Strong familiarity with all social media outlets and opportunities.
- Proven skills and experience with existing social technology and budding trends.
- Familiarity with the common terms of social media governance and process mapping.
- Intuitive eye for how to best present each brand to advertisers.
- A working knowledge of print.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent communicator who is able to work well with colleagues at all levels.
- 2-4 years experience in a sales and/or marketing related position
— Facebook (persona friends page and fan page) highlighting stories, promotional features, and events.
— Maintenance of company’s Twitter pages, keeping regular outgoing activity
— Tracking & analyzing social media referral / usage data by site and across network
Contact: Submit resume, salary expectations, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
No postions currently open.
Internship Positions Description
Here Media offers qualified, college-level students the opportunity to participate in quarterly, uncompensated internships available in our offices in Los Angeles and New York City. In general, most internships last for 3 months, at 10-16 hours per week. See basic internship descriptions and locations below. To apply for internships, follow the general instructions at the top of the page.
INTERNSHIP – GRAPHIC & WEB DESIGN, CREATIVE SERVICES, NEW YORK
The Graphic & Web design intern will work on the Here TV Creative Services team, side by side with the Senior Designer on production, development and design for both print and web. Opportunities for hands-on experience in all aspects of design including: Web Development/Design - Image and photo preparation and manipulation for web-based digital ads and sites. HTML5/CSS3 animation and some Flash skills are highly desired. Off-Air Creative Design - Assist with development, ideas and pre-production of various printed materials, including posters, ad campaigns and marketing materials. This internship will provide extreme growth and published work to a designer's portfolio. Skills include, Photoshop, Illustrator, comprehensive knowledge of typography, a love of the web and new digital technologies, excellent written and spoken communication skills. Strong preference will be given to those with experience with HTML, CSS & Flash. In your application, please provide a link to your website or digital portfolio.
INTERNSHIP – INTEGRATED MARKETING INTERN, NEW YORK
The Integrated Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with both print and digital advertising. Interns will assist with sales and marketing meetings and work directly with those who are experienced in the field. Interns will be involved with many tasks including conducting research, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, planning and staffing advertiser events (Spring 2013 will include advertiser driven event series, planning for Pride events).
Interns will assist marketing managers in organizing, researching and executing long-term projects or special marketing initiatives above and beyond day-to-day responsibilities as assigned by the Integrated Marketing department.
The most qualified applicants will be college students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print and digital medium. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have a deep interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, the candidate is detail-oriented, able to multitask, and capable of working independently. Familiarity with blogging, wikis, and social media is a plus.
INTERNSHIP – ADVERTISING INTERN, NEW YORK
Ad interns have the opportunity to sit-in on weekly advertising sales meetings, marketing meetings, and work directly with Ad Directors who are experienced in the field. Interns will be asked to assist with many sales development tasks including conducting research, sales strategy, data updates, processing paperwork, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, attending advertiser events and some related administrative support. The most qualified applicants will be students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print and digital medium.
Internship -- Information Technology, New York
The Information Technology internship will expose interns to a corporate technical
environment, including computer, server, telecomm, and network technologies. Duties
will include supporting PC and Mac workstations, creating server/email accounts,
pbx administration, installing software, and providing general IT help desk support
and project-related work.
The most successful candidates will be proficient with Windows XP, Windows 7, and
Mac OSX, and Microsoft Office (particulary Outlook). Knowledge of Server 2003/2008
would also be desirable. A recently completed Microsoft or computer-related certification
is a definite plus. Should be organized, and have good problem-solving and communication/customer
service skills. Candidates with some prior IT experience and a career goal in Technology
Internship -- Editorial Department for SheWired.com, Los Angeles
SheWired.com, the fastest growing website for women, and we’re looking for enthusiastic interns to help us shape our new direction. The most qualified applicants are students with a career focus in lifestyle and entertainment writing, journalism, new media and marketing.
Interns will be involved in weekly brainstorming meetings and work directly with experienced writers and editors in developing this daily online magazine. Interns will have the opportunity to pitch, write, and edit stories as well as assist with research, proofing stories, and updating the site. Editors will help interns learn the ropes for hunting down leads and developing portfolio-worthy writing samples for magazines and websites.
Internship -- Advertising, Los Angeles
The LA Advertising intern has the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with both print and digital advertising. Interns will be included in sales and marketing meetings and work directly with Ad Directors who are experienced in the field. Interns will be involved with many sales development tasks including conducting research, sales strategy, data updates, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, attending advertiser events and other related processes. The most qualified applicants will be students with a career focus in advertising and/or marketing, with interest and skills in the print and digital medium.
Internship -- Editorial, Los Angeles
Editorial internships are offered in Los Angeles for Advocate.com. Interns will participate and gain exposure in the day-to-day production of online editorial, including content gathering, research, proofing, web site production, and more. Some writing and editing assignments may be possible, depending upon qualifications, but cannot be guaranteed. Interns are invited to take a place at daily editorial planning meetings and will work along with editors, art/photo department and other staff. Preferred editorial intern candidates will have a related field of study and a career interest in journalism or publishing. Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills are required.