Last revised: May 16, 2013
In exchange for your compliance with our guidelines, Here Media's Customer and Member Care team ("CMC") is committed to nurturing a respectful, fun and lawful environment where lively discussions of LGBT issues are celebrated and honored, and where appropriate action will be taken against reported violations of this safe haven.
Individual Here Media properties may or may not allow adult content, including adult photos. By signing up for any of our premium service(s) on our various properties, you are certifying that you are 18 years of age or above. Premium services are for adults only and may contain adult images or graphic language not suitable for youth.
Any member, 18 years of age or older, can upload adult photos to their profile. If you do not identify an adult photo as being adult, we will do it for you. You may also make an adult photo private if you want more control over who can see it. We reserve the right to determine which of your photos are adult, and to deny approval of photos that do not meet our guidelines. For example, adult photos will not be approved if they depict anyone who appears under 18 years of age, or sexual activities such as bestiality, masochism, sadism or abuse.
What we mean by "Adult"
Depictions of the naked body, including individuals in sexual postures or activities and sexual engagements between or among individuals are considered adult. This includes photos that contain garments through which nudity is visible. Every depiction that falls into this category must be identified as "adult" by you, the user.
What types of photos are not allowed?
While we celebrate the diversity of the LGBT community, we do not permit certain pictures that we believe would place our business and/or our members at risk. The types of images or pictures we may immediately remove in our absolute and sole discretion are:
- Copyrighted images where it's clear that you do not own the copyright or have permission to use; this includes cartoons and other images you may have found and downloaded while searching the web.
- Pictures of children, including pictures of you as a child. (We realize you may have the best of intentions, but in interest of keeping children safe online it is best to avoid uploading any child photos).
- An animal in any sexual position.
- Any drug paraphernalia or icons, including "poppers".
- Any sort of nudity and/or sexual activity that you did not mark as "Adult".
- Any pictures where an erection is clearly visible (clothed or not) that you did not mark as "Adult".
- Any "scat" pictures.
- Any "water sports" or urination pictures.
- Any photos depicting blood, violence, or weapons.
- Any photos containing hate symbols.
- Any photos containing watermarks such as URLs, email addresses, or company logos.
- Any photos impersonating other real persons.
- Any promotional materials for events or businesses.
Member submissions that warrant further investigation and that are subject to immediate removal from the site include depictions or descriptions of violence, bestiality, incest, child pornography, pedophilia, incest, and any other objectionable violations of law or user safety. Depictions that fall into the category of unacceptable adult materials are ultimately subject to Here Media's litmus test of violation, not the user's personal opinion. Here Media reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any profile, content, or images, which we deem inappropriate for a particular site and its viewers.
Don't Be Afraid
Here Media is a community dedicated to providing a conversational safe haven -- an online world where you can openly discuss the issues important to you. If you are new to the community, participating may be a scary proposition. But try it out. We encourage you to jump into the conversations and see what a friendly welcome you receive.
Keeping Quiet Is Okay
Just like any community, at our various Here Media properties every member has a different way of approaching new people. If you are not the forward type, feel free to enter any of the chat rooms and look around, listen for a while. While we suspect you'll be chatting up a storm in no time, we want you to know it's okay to watch.
Taking It Offline
While Here Media is a place to make friends and acquaintances, we encourage all members to act responsibly in choosing their offline interactions and in being conservative in the distribution of personal information, such as name, phone number and address. We cannot accept responsibility for what happens as a result of a connection made through Here Media services. Here Media does not conduct background checks or otherwise pre-screen members for criminal histories, mental illness, etc.
Republishing Your Words and Images
As we are dedicated to sharing the best of the Here Media community with a broader audience, we may republish your words and/or image(s) across other segments of our properties and you grant us full rights to do so without restriction.
No Hate Here
Expressions and/or threats of bigotry, hatred, harassment and abuse are not tolerated on the Here Media network of properties. Bashers are subject to immediate removal from the site no matter the status of your membership.
Support Each Other
This is your community and we encourage you to interact with each other respectfully, peacefully and thoughtfully and in accordance with the law. Below are a few things to keep in mind.
- Welcome Newcomers. Remember what it was like to be new to the site yourself. When you see someone new, welcome him or her and show him or her around!
- Don't Attack Each Other. Always "cease and report" when faced with a potential "flame" war. If another member writes or says something that offends or irritates you, think before responding! The CMC team is here to support you and we ask that you report the member to us, rather than engaging hostile people. We want to take appropriate action to keep a civil, courteous and lawful atmosphere here at Here Media, but we need your help to do it.
While strong opinions and lively debate are welcome and encouraged, name-calling or personal attacks directed towards other members using our service are not allowed and violators will be subject to removal from the site. Please keep the conversation respectful of differing opinions, and carefully consider your comments. We urge members to work out personal differences privately.
- Keep It Kind. Hate speech is taken extremely seriously. It is a violation of our User Agreement and will not be tolerated. This type of communication subjects you to immediate and permanent suspension of membership privileges and/or termination of your account without any right of a refund. In addition, we respectfully request that you refrain from profane, defamatory, or communications that otherwise violate the User Agreement. If you feel another member is communicating in this fashion, tell us about it.
Here Media asks that you refrain from using extremely explicit or vulgar language. We do allow discussion of sexual topics, but we ask that members refrain from using terms or words normally considered vulgar or rude. Stating your opinion and observations about a subject is appropriate in a topical discussion. When stating a position as "fact," you should provide supporting documentation or a source for your position.
Discussion of, emails, or postings about drugs, prostitution (including massage), pedophilia, incest, bestiality, or solicitation, even for the purposes of fantasy or roll playing, are expressly forbidden. Gay.com cooperates fully with subpoenas and investigations conducted by law enforcement agencies. By engaging in these topics you run the risk of removal from our site regardless of membership status.
The time and energy of every member at Here Media is valuable. We respectfully request that you refrain from repeatedly sending messages, emails, or extending a single monologue, even with different ideas. In other words, let others into the conversation!
Members that post commercial advertisements, including web pages that redirect users to membership-based pay-per-use sites and escort services, are subject to suspension of membership privileges, removal of content or removal from community areas. To pursue a partnership with Here Media, email us.
Posting offers for sale of products or services is not allowed in any part of our service with the exception of areas that we designate. If you do offer for sale products or services, you must do so in the appropriate categories only in those areas that we designate.
A great deal of thought goes into the determination of topics and in the interest of the communities that gather in those given areas, members are required to stick to the topic. Area names and titles specify the interests of those in that area. Please use these areas for the topics they were intended. Repeatedly straying off-topic may result in the suspension of membership privileges.
Information copyrighted by an individual or entity other than the author should never be posted or pasted within the Here Media community. In the event this does occur, the individual posting or pasting this information will be held responsible. Here Media cannot accept responsibility for this type of unlawful communication. See our User Agreement and Legal Notice for more information.
Customer & Member Care Team
The CMC team reserves the right but is not obligated to hide inappropriate comments, messages and/or image(s), suspend members and block select privileges, based on the standards set here and in our governing User Agreement. Above all, the CMC team has complete and sole discretion in determining if a member is complying with these guidelines or the User Agreement.
If you feel another member is violating these guidelines or the User Agreement or are uncertain whether you might be or will be in violation, do not hesitate to contact us to find out for sure.