EMPLOYMENT AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
General Employment and Internship Application Instructions: Submit cover letter, resume, and minimum salary expectations, if applicable, to Here Media Human Resources via e-mail (preferred mode of contact.) Send job submissions to [email protected], and internship submissions to [email protected] or alternately, via fax to 310-943-5889. Due to the amount of interest we receive in Human Resources, we are unable to take phone calls regarding employment or internships.
Here Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBT market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBT experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, television, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Here Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want. We’re everywhere. We’re Here.
Here Media offices are located in Los Angeles and New York.
NEW YORK POSITIONS
INTEGRATED AD SALES & MARKETING COORDINATOR - NEW YORK
Job Summary: Provides NY-based senior sales staff with integrated sales and marketing support.
- Develop a deep understanding of Here Media’s advertising capabilities and how they related to the client’s KPI’s and strategies.
- Aadministrative support for the NY sales team with mailings, scheduling, updating sales materials for sales calls, client correspondence, meeting preparation, travel organization, and other general duties.
- RFPs: Proactive approach to processing RFPs – both print, digital and multi-platform, including (but not limited to) compiling historical information, brainstorming on potential concepts and writing proposals – including projecting rates & program ideas based on client objectives.
- Work on multi-platform programs from concept brainstorming and proposal development to potential assistance in program execution/recap follow up.
- Assist with presentation preparation (Updating PowerPoint presentations)
- Research industry trends for department, including Salesforce reports, Ad Database, and Magazine Radar
- May occasionally attend meetings locally in NY with reps on ad calls, interacting with clients and preparing meeting materials such as presentation decks, proposals, etc.
- Compile editorial credits and facilitate meetings with Fashion department
- Manager of multiple trade accounts for travel
- Manager of Out/Advocate/HIV Plus comp list
- Monitor PIB reporting
- Monitor pagination process and create dummy books for approval before printing
- Assist with paper orders as per production schedule by working with publishers on projected book size, obtaining approval from finance, and reporting to Production Manager
- Facilitate new business inquiries and distribute media kits accordingly
- Organize/maintain archives of past issues
- Facilitate communication between departments (Marketing, Production, Billing, Client Services, etc.)
- Ensure that all IOs are signed by EVP, information is booked in Salesforce, and all IOs are catalogued
- General troubleshooting with office issues
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven multitasker/prioritizer and able to manage multiple departmental responsibilities while working with staff at all levels and varying personalities.
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Experience and knowledge of fashion industry is a plus.
- Excellent communication and people skills and the ability to consistently work well with internal staff and outside contacts.
- Able to anticipate needs and show initiative.
- Trustworthy and extremely good judgment concerning confidentiality.
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
Send cover letter, resume, and minimum salary expectation to Human Resources at [email protected]
LOS ANGELES POSITIONS
DIRECTOR, CONSUMER MARKETING - LOS ANGELES
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Managing Director for Here Publishing and in coordination with the Managing Director for Here TV, the Director of Consumer Marketing is charged with acquiring new subscribers to the print magazines (Out, The Advocate, Plus) and to our newly launched over-the-top video app for Here TV, plus its incarnations on cable and other OTT services. The Director will strategize and execute on programs that meet subscription goals for these existing products and for any new ones.
- Directly manages consumer marketing efforts of Here TV, Out, The Advocate and Plus.
- Works as primary contact for third-party agents and consultants and directs their efforts.
- Creates and manages organic and paid social media campaigns that show profitable acquisition of new subscribers. Constantly analyzes cost-per-lead performance to ensure programs remain profitable.
- Collaborates with teams from editorial, events, circulation, Here TV production and operations to identify new strategies for the growth of subscriber bases.
- Assists with marketing programs on behalf of our advertising partners on as-needed basis to fulfill campaigns across digital media, social media, print, events, and broadcast.
- Oversees establishing partnerships between Here Media brands and other organizations. Maintains relationships that result in not only new subscriptions but also in publicity, exposure to target audiences, monetary gain, and other benefits that offset costs
Skill Requirements: The person in this position must be analytical, well organized, have a strong interest in LGBT audiences, and a demonstrated understanding of how to maintain a subscription business. Must be willing to do whatever it requires to solicit subscriptions, whether that’s managing a Facebook campaign or leading a grassroots street team at a Pride festival. Must be able to work with tight resources and remain calm under deadlines. Must be willing and able to work evenings or weekends when needed to meet deadlines or take part in consumer marketing activations.
Additional preferred skills: Experience and interest in using social media as a key marketing tool is required. Experience with Excel or Google Sheets to track performance is important. Prior use of Drupal or other CMS systems a plus. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, is a plus.
ONLINE PHOTO AND GRAPHICS PRODUCER - LOS ANGELES
Job Summary: Works with Editorial and Production team to develop online content for Here Media brands, including The Advocate, Out magazine, and PRIDE. Helps brainstorm ideas for list-based stories, sources imagery and formats for Web, working with content management system to deliver online content as needed. Also collaborates on social media campaigns as companions to special series.
- Produce content for several websites on a quick turnaround.
- Source images for daily stories for our websites while supervising images procured by editors for rights management standards for all sites.
- Manipulate stock imagery to better illustrate news features and commentaries.
- Create rich media as needed (photography, social memes, video).
- Work with editors to create and deliver email newsletter broadcasts.
- Shoot photos to mark breaking news or to augment a special series.
- Proficiency with HTML.
- Ability to create and manipulate images with an eye for editorial relevance.
- Strong experience with image optimization as applied to Web graphics (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Unflappability in the face of deadlines and breaking news.
- Familiarity with LGBT current events a plus.
- Familiarity with issues of resistance to a Trump presidential agenda a plus.
- Experience as a photographer a plus, could enable opportunities for shooting.
- Exceptional communication skills; strong sense of professionalism.
- Positive attitude and proven team player.
Send cover letter, resume, and minimum salary expectation to Human Resources at [email protected]
INTERNSHIP POSITIONS DESCRIPTION
Here Media offers qualified, college-level students the opportunity to participate in quarterly, uncompensated internships available in our offices in Los Angeles and New York City. In general, most internships last for 3 months, at 10-16 hours per week. See basic internship descriptions and locations below. To apply for internships, follow the general instructions at the top of the page.
INTERNSHIP – GRAPHIC DESIGN, NEW YORK
The Graphic Design Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with the marketing and design team, gaining hands on experience designing in a corporate setting. Interns will be involved in a variety of creative tasks including, but not limited to, creative brainstorms, maintaining internal brand collateral, photo-research, creative mocks for marketing presentations, layout design, etc.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students studying Graphic Design with a focus on marketing, advertising and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns should be efficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (specifically Powerpoint), detail oriented, able to multitask and capable of working in a fast paced environment.
INTERNSHIP - DIGITAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP, NEW YORK
The Digital Media Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the design and production of large-scale, ad-supported websites including Out.com, Advocate.com, and OutTraveler.com. Interns will be involved with a wide variety of tasks including wire framing, prototyping, preparation of mockups, and final Q/A. Interns will gain real-world insight in the development of high-traffic web sites from initial concept to final launch.
The most qualified intern candidates will be college students studying Digital Media with a major focus on web design as it relates to news, advertising and social media. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, interns should have basic familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite. Any HTML or coding skills are a plus.
INTERNSHIP – INTEGRATED MARKETING INTERN, NEW YORK
The Integrated Marketing Intern will have the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience with both print and digital advertising. Interns will participate in sales and marketing meetings and work directly with those who are experienced in the field. Interns will be involved with many tasks including conducting research, competitive analysis, preparing media kits, planning and staffing advertiser events (Pride Events, OUT 100, etc.).
Interns will work alongside marketing managers in organizing, researching and executing long-term projects or special marketing initiatives.
The most qualified applicants will be college students with a career focus in advertising and marketing, with interest and skills in the print, digital and social media medium. We're looking for dedicated, committed candidates that have an interest in the LGBT market. Additionally, the candidate is detail-oriented, able to multitask, and capable of working independently. Familiarity with blogging, wikis, and social media is a plus.
INTERNSHIP – EDITORIAL INTERN, LOS ANGELES
Editorial internships are offered in Los Angeles for Advocate.com, which includes the opportunity to work with our partner site geared toward LGBT millennials, Pride.com. Interns will play an active role in the day-to-day production of online editorial, including content gathering, research, reporting, editing, and more. Writing assignments may be possible, depending upon qualifications, but cannot be guaranteed. Interns are invited to join daily editorial planning meetings and will work closely with editors, and photo department, and other staff to complete both assigned projects and stories of the intern’s choosing. Preferred editorial intern candidates will have a related field of study and a career interest in journalism or publishing. Those with published clips or editorial roles in print or digital publications, including school papers and magazines, are encouraged to apply. Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills are required.
Here Media Inc | PO Box 241579 Los Angeles, CA 90024 | Phone: (310) 806-4288 | Fax: (310) 806-4268